1. The Dress
BLUE AND BLACK. NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT.
What do you all see? Kyle sees blue and white. I see NO white or gold. It's so interesting to hear what other people see.
2. Spaghetti Squash
A few weeks ago we decided to try out spaghetti squash in place of angel hair pasta. I'm not a big pasta fan but Kyle LOVES it and could eat it every night. Since we're both trying to eat better he decided to give spaghetti squash a try since we'd seen so many people say it was a good pasta substitute.
Let me tell you- it's awesome!! It's easy to cook, it gives you the feeling of eating pasta but it's not filling and you don't have that bloated I just stuffed myself with pasta feeling. We were skeptical at first but now we're hooked. We know eat it at least once a week. We even got my parents hooked on it for a pasta substitute.
3. Mamaroo- Did we love or hate it?
When Matthew was about 6 weeks old we had a phase where he hated being put down and hated the swing, bouncer, etc. A good friend of mine let me her Mamaroo to see how that worked for us. By the time she finally got it to us he was over his week of not being able to be put down but I figured we would give it a try anyway since people love it.
My thoughts- it's fine. Matthew doesn't hate it but he doesn't love it. He will tolerate it when he has to but he won't fall asleep in it and he doesn't like the scratchy wipeable type fabric on it so I have to put a blanket down on it before he lays down. I also have to buckle him in or he will arch and wiggle himself right out. I will say though that it is really light and much less of an eyesore or space steal than the traditional swing but we still love our big bulky swing.
4. Smocked Re-Sale Sites- A few of you asked me for the re-sale sites and I couldn't email you because you're a no reply blogger so I figured I would share here. I can't remember who told me about these but I decided to search Facebook to see if I could find any for boys. All of the groups are closed and you have to request to join but I've had no problem getting into any of them. Just put these names into your search bar on Facebook:
- Smocked BOYS boutique resale (I've had the best luck with this one)
- Snips and Snails
- Boys Smocked and Applique resale
- Smocked Obsession
- A Southern Smocking
- Smocked Auction loves resale group
I have also heard that Smocking Hot Mamas is a good one for girls clothes and some boys.
5. And These...
Linking up with April and those lovely ladies