Today is all about organization! Since returning from vacation I am on an organizing streak. As most of you know we moved out of our house for a little over 5 months for our kitchen renovation to be completed. Since moving back in we have been slowly getting unpacked and organized. As much as I hated the process of packing everything up for storage or moving it to the townhouse with us it has been so good for purging and decluttering. It's amazing how much junk can just sit around in closets or boxes for months or even years if you let it.
So now that we are back home and approaching the two year anniversary of living in this house I figured it was time to really start decluttering and getting organized.
My first spot to tackle is our new open pantry. It's a mudroom/pantry combination so while it's not right out in the open it's still a spot that most people can see when they're in our home. The only thing separating it from our kitchen is a pocket door, which we rarely keep closed.
Here is the pantry when we first moved in:
Here is our pantry now:
While it doesn't look awful, it is still cluttered and disorganized. We also have all our cable and internet boxes on the top shelf so I need to figure out what to do with those, in addition to the random toilet paper in here (Kyle did that) that needs to move to the linen closet and a whole box of baking supplies I haven't even unpacked yet. I don't need this to be Pinterest perfect but I do what it to feel less chaotic.
I spent a lot of time on Pinterest and Houzz over the last few weeks trying to come up with a solution to make this pretty and functional. It took a lot of measuring, planning, and reading reviews (I'm a review junkie) and I have my first phase of organization ready to put in place. Here is what I've purchased to get started and then I'll see how it looks from here:
1. OXO Good Grips 3.4 quart Pop Container- I bought this container to store angel hair pasta. This is Kyle's favorite and we always have 3 or 4 boxes on hand so I knew this would be the best for it.
2. OXO Good Grips 3 piece Pop Round Canister- I bought these to store flour and sugar and I'll probably use the biggest one for snacks. I haven't decided for sure yet but that's what I'm leaning towards.
3. Target Threshold Seagrass Small Basket- these have been awesome!! We already have five of these in our pantry and they have been great for holding snacks- goldfish, chips, crackers, apple sauces etc. I like that they keep the snacks hidden but are short enough so I can still see the tops of snacks so I can easily pull it out to get what I'm looking for.
4. OXO Good Grips Pop Cereal Dispenser- We always have at least two if not three cereals on hand for breakfast and snacks for the kids. Since the kids are always pulling them out I feel like they're never shut properly and going stale faster than they should. I'm hoping these will help with that!
5. Native Spring Chalkboard Labels- Lastly I bought these labels off Amazon with this chalk pen. I'm planning to label the canisters and all the baskets to help keep it organized.
All of my stuff arrived yesterday so today during nap time it's operation get organized! Once I get all of this in place I will evaluate what else I think we need and what our next steps should be. I'm excited to have the pantry a little less chaotic and a little more organized. I promise to share the final product once we get it complete.
Grab the button below and link up to Annie and Julie and Natalie on your Thoughts for Thursday post.