Today is my 35th birthday!
I honestly cannot believe I'm 35. I am officially five years from 40, I just cannot even fathom that. While I know 35 is not old, it's the first time I've really felt older. Not old per say but I think I'm finally realizing I'm not 25 anymore even if I feel like it most days and that's ok. My thirties have been so good to me and my life has changed so much in the past five years that I don't have one complaint about turning 35.
Even though I may feel older I feel so incredibly happy and blessed with the people that I get to do life with. I have the best husband, who despite working crazy hours and traveling a lot, still jumps in to help out with the kids and around the house whenever he can. I have to the two best little boys in the world. Miller and Matthew bring me more joy than I ever knew possible (and more frustration at times) but they are truly my entire world and I love that I have the privilege to be their mom. I have the best family. I don't know what I would do without my parents and my sister and their never ending support.
I thought it would be fun to share 35 things about myself you may not know...
1. I'm a night owl. I usually go to bed around 11:30pm or later. I used to go to bed early until I started waitressing in college and ever since then I've stayed up late. I really need to change this habit since I have two little people that like to wake up around 6am but I just can't stop it. As a matter of fact it's 11pm as I type this post.
2. I'm one of those people who starts to think of all the things they need to do the minute their head hits the pillow. I'm so envious of people who fall right asleep without over thinking things.
3. I used to be addicted to diet coke and would drink 4-5 a day. I blame my mom for this. I gave it up a few years ago but still sneak them every couple months.
4. I wear a size 10 shoe.
5. I am not a fan of bridges. The Bay Bridge in Maryland being the one I'm most afraid of. Suspension bridges just give me all the anxiety.
6. I gave up red meat in August 2007 and have not eaten it since. It will be 10 years this summer since I've had a hamburger or steak.
7. In 5th grade I fell off a tree house latter and broke my left wrist. I'm lucky that was my worst injury. I had a cast for 8 weeks.
8. I'm right handed.
9. My first trip out of the country was to the Bahamas in second grade.
10. Summer is my favorite season. I'm much more comfortable in a tank top and shorts than I am in jeans and a sweater.
11. I love rap music.
12. I also love country music.
13. My first concert was the George Straight Country music festival in 1998 when I was a junior in high school. My parents were very strict about concerts.
14. The last concert I went to was Jimmy Buffett in August 2016.
15. I love to bake.
16. I hate to cook. Trying to get better about this one.
17. I am a spender and I'm thankfully married to a saver who keeps me in check.
18. I love to read trashy romance novels. I usually read 3-5 a month.
19. I used to love murder mysteries until I had kids. Now they just freak me out too much.
20. I have never been to Disney World. Neither has Kyle. We don't have any plans to take our kids. Just keeping the family tradition alive.
21. Kyle and I have been together for almost 14 years. We met summer after junior year of college.
22. I am a control freak and like to be in control of all situations. Motherhood has helped tremendously with letting go, but I'm still not 100% there.
23. Mexican food is my favorite. I would eat it everyday.
24. Pizza is a close second.
25. Once I find a dish I like at a restaurant I never order anything else. Ever.
26. I stalk real estate as a hobby. I have 5 different Redfin alerts set up for different areas around town and cities I love, it makes me want to move all the time. Shhh don't tell Kyle.
27. I have tons of outdoor allergies and have to take daily allergy medicine just to breathe normally and not have a stuffy nose. I'm praying my kids don't get them.
28. I went to Italy in 2008. It was my first and only time in Europe. I'm dying to get back soon and take the kids.
29. I have never been to California. To top it off Kyle travels there monthly and has for the last 7 years or so, and I've still never been.
30. I hate exercise classes. I've only ever done one step class with my sister a few years ago. I prefer running and lifting weights.
31. Legally Blonde is my favorite movie. It reminds me of being a young and hopeful 20 yr old college girl.
32. I was a Kinesiology major in college.
33. I ran a marathon in 2007 when I was 25
34. Miller was born to the song Love the Way you Lie by Eminem. Not a joke and not at all planned. The OR nurses asked if I wanted to listen to the 2011 Grammy winners CD and I was like sure why not. Then as they were saying he was about to be born (I had a c-section) this song came on and one nurse was like oops bad timing, sorry this is the song! We all had a laugh and it's something I'll never forget.
35. I really hope someone gets me a cookie cake this year. I ask for one every year and no one delivers.