Remember you can post about whatever you want and just link up at the bottom!
Last week on Instagram I posted one of my favorite recipes: S'mores Cookies! A few of you asked about the recipe so I am sharing here today. Warning: these cookies are dangerously delicious and will ruin all new years resolutions and diets ;) Just letting you know.
Yields approximately 3 dozen
-Preheat Oven to 375
-Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out graham crackers next to each other (they should be touching) covering the pan. I ended up having about 20 graham crackers on each of the baking sheets I used.
11 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmellows
3-4 regular sized Hershey's bars -broken into pieces (I needed about 4)
2-3 packages of graham crackers, broken into squares (she suggests 1-2 but I always end up needing 3)
1. In first bowl cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. I used my electric mixer for this
2. Combine flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon in another bowl. Then add to sugar mixutre, combining on low speed.
3. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows. They recommend to chill overnight or for 1 hour. I just went ahead and made them without chilling and they were fine.
4. Place a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half of dough on each graham cracker. Press dough down slightly with fingers.
5. Bake for 5 minutes then remove and add Hershey's chocolate bar pieces to the top of each cookie. I did about one piece per cookie.
6. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. (I only need the 5 additional minutes) They will be done when the edges are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
There you have it! These are perfect to take to a party. I've never seen anyone turn one down ;)
I used to be in a book club with my Baltimore girl friends but over the years people have moved and the group has dwindled to just four of us and we can't get our acts together to read a book so we decided to just be a Do Nothing Club... basically we'll get together for no reason other than to drink, eat, gossip, and hang out once a month or every other month. After Christmas we met up at Blue Agave in Baltimore for our girls night and had a blast. It had been years since I had been there and for anyone local I think their menu has improved so much! The food was so good as were the drinks.
Scarf (sold out similar here) // Sweater // Crossbody Bag // Jeans // Booties (currently on major sale!)
The most delicious skinny margarita with chips and salsa.
I'm finally joining the year 2016 and have a gold Iphone 6s on it's way to me! I cannot wait to be able to take decent photos with this Iphone. Now I'm working on slowly saving all the 5000 photos off my current phone so that I can transfer everything over with the cloud seamlessly. I swear every year I get less and less tech savvy. I'm starting to feel like my mom.
We played tourist in Annapolis last weekend. Snowflake alley was Miller's favorite thing and we could have walk through there 100 times and I still don't think he would have had enough time. "Ohhh mom snowflakes, ohh so pretty." Over and over again.
I'm not going to lie. I have already fallen off my diet bandwagon this week. Kyle's been out of town (which is no excuse) but I just wasn't prepared enough with the right veggies and proteins so I'm going to re-start this weekend. I have been doing a good job staying away from sugar though so I guess that's something.
I mean in reality I think this is how we all feel about diets...
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones and @eastcoastnat.
Link up starts at 7 am EST.
Link up starts at 7 am EST.
Follow us on Bloglovin' too: