Don't worry this doesn't actually have anything to do with football because I don't really watch it. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the commercials and delicious food!
1. Budweiser Puppy Love Commercial - anything with a puppy kills me. I'm also obsessed with the song Let Her Go
2. Anna Kendrick's Faux Super Bowl New Castle Commercial- I freaking love her and think she's hystercial.
3. Football Shaped Brownies- A few years ago I made football shaped rice krispy treats dipped in chocolate for super bowl. They were amazing and a lot of work. This year I've decided to make brownies in the shape of footballs since they require a little less work and who doesn't love a brownie.
4. Buffalo Chicken Dip- I love this bad for you dip and I love to break it out for special occasions like Super Bowl. I don't like the low fat version I like the full fat delicious version. Oh and for the record I'm pretty sure I post about this dip every year on this blog.
Here is the recipe I follow:
4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breats (I know some poeple use canned chicken but I refuse to and always use fresh chicken breast)
1 (12 ounce) jar of hot red pepper sauce (I usually use Frank's Red hot buffalo)
16 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 bottle (12 ounces) ranch or blue cheese dressing (I usually do ranch)
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Boil the chicken in water to cover in a large saucepan for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked. Shred the chicken with a fork into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl.
Pour the hot sauce over the chicken to marinate and let sit for 8-10 hours (There is no need to do it this long at all, I would say 2-3 max is all you really need. If you have time then do it over night if not don't worry about it )
In a 9x13 baking dish layer the cream cheese, undrained marinated chicken, salad dressing and top with mozzarella.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I always serve mine with Fritos scoops but any type of tortilla chip will work.
5. Champagne- I've been thinking about what I'm going to drink for Super Bowl for at least a week now and I've decided I will be breaking out some champagne to enjoy. I LOVE champagne and before I had Miller it was honestly my weekday drink of choice. Now that I can't quite drink it fast enough to enjoy it before it goes flat I save it for special occasions. Super Bowl falls into the category of special occasion so I plan to enjoy. My champagne of choice is Korbel.
What are your super bowl plans?