This year I've decided to set goals for myself and for blogging. I've had a lot of fun growing this blog over the last few years and I've had a lot of great opportunities presented to me through it so I want continue that in 2016.
- Eat better food- I still can't kick that damn sweet tooth of mine and the last month we have all been bad. Even the kids. I've decided that we need to do this not just for weight loss (that would be nice) but really for health. Everyone's health. I can't have my kids starting off on the wrong foot and Kyle and I need to set a better example.
- Exercise more- I did an awesome job with working out in 2015 until my women's workout class didn't fit into my schedule this fall (because of preschool drop off) and then I totally fell of the wagon. I know that exercise needs to become a daily habit for me so I'm working on find time to fit it in and make it part of my routine.
- DeClutter- Despite living in our house for four months there is still a ton of clutter and most of it is hiding in closets. While guests can't see a lot of it, I cringe every time I have to look for something and can't find it. This is my year to get rid of crap we don't need and organize.
- Less Screen Time- I spend too much time on my phone, Kyle on his computer, and the kids with TV lately. I think the cooler weather, traveling, and busy schedules has made us all a little lax about screen time.
- Make my bed every morning- I rarely ever make my bed but I find that on the days I do I feel really happy and love looking at it all pretty and made. So I'm resolving to make it in 2016.
- Live in the moment and be content- I have a tendency to always be chasing the "next big step" in life. First it was college, then a house, marriage, babies, home renovations, and so on and so on. This year I'm focusing on being happy in the right now and enjoying my life as it is. Even with little sleep and needy crazy toddlers. I know one day I will miss hearing mom every 30 seconds.
- Give up control- this one is so tough for me but I know I need to let other people help me more when I've had to much. I have a very hard time admitting defeat and letting other people help. 2015 with two babies pretty much burned me out and I've slowly learned that I need to let go of some control.
- Go to bed earlier and get up earlier- I would like to move my normal bedtime of 11-11:30pm up to 10-10:30pm because I want to start getting up around 5:30 everyday so I can have some time to myself before the kids get up.
My Blog Goals:
- Answer emails and engage with my readers again- I have been downright awful with answering emails/comments/etc lately and I hate that about myself. This year I'm trying to make a point of engaging with all you awesome readers more.
- Post 4-5 times a week- I had a really tough time getting my act together to post more than twice a week last fall. I felt like I never shared so many things with you all because I just couldn't get a post together. I'm not sure I will make this goal but fingers crossed with the right schedule I can do it.
- Follow through on posts- I am so bad at telling you all I'm going to post something and then I never get around it!!! I have a seriously long list of posts that I say I'm going to do and haven't. You don't even want to know how many drafts I have started and never finished. This is the year to get it all together.
- Comment on other blogs more- I started falling behind on reading and commenting on blogs last fall and again, I hate that. I felt so out of the loop with so many of you so I'm making it a goal read more blogs and comment more. I'm setting aside time every morning and evening to do this.
So there you have it! I'm hoping to check in from time to time and update you on how I'm doing with my goals (let's see if I follow through on that ;)
Did you set goals for this year?