Here are my essentials:
1. Light Jacket- A light jacket is a must to layer over sweaters or long sleeves this time of year. I love J.Crew coats and they do a great job with their lighter options. My two favorites are this one here and here.
2. Vest- I've loved vests ever since the big puffer vest of the 90s in middle school. Now I think everyone needs one "puffer" vest and one military inspired vest to get you through the season. The J.Crew excursion vests are my favorite and this one from Nordstrom would be a great addition to my closet.
3. Tall Boots- Boots are a great transitional piece! I love pairing tall boots with dresses this time of year. It's so easy to take a summer dress, throw on a jacket, and some boots and turn it into a new piece for fall. I've been eyeing these Sole Society ones to replace my beloved Banana Republic ones that I need to retire.
4. Chambray Shirt- I think Chambray shirts are great anytime of year but I especially love them in the fall paired with skinny jeans and big blanket scarf. This one from J.Crew is a must have.
5. Blanket Scarf- I love the blanket scarf, they're oversized and warm and give a nice fall touch to any outfit. I still love my knock off Zara scar I got from Amazon last year but also love these options here and here.
Here a little inspiration for some of my favorite looks:
What are your fall wardrobe essentials? Do you love the blanket scarf? What about vests?
*affiliate links used