One suggestion from quite a few of you was a house tour. I think most of us are nosy (I know I am) and dying to see into other people's houses! I've been wanting to share our house but I always worry that it isn't "perfect" or styled correctly. I'm coming to realize that it might never be "perfect" and I thought it would be fun to share our progress with you as we re-decorate/renovate.
As most of you know we renovated our kitchen last January then our deck in the spring and we've been pretty quiet with projects since then. We are currently working on baby #2's nursery but the next big project we are taking on is our master bedroom and bath (by taking on I mean hiring someone, we don't DIY around here). I wanted to share with you current pictures of our bedroom and then tell you want the plan is for the room.
Here goes nothing:
This is the view when you walk in the door:
This is the view from the closet/bathroom entrance:
This is the view from the hamper/window area which looks into the vanity area, walk-in closet, and bathroom:
Straight in shot from the door showing Kyle's nightstand:
As you can see it's pretty bare and needs some help!! The headboard is new but that's about all we've done.
Here is our project list below. We have a few little projects and then bigger projects to tackle in the room. I'm hoping to take care of the small ones before baby #2 comes and then tackle the bigger projects after the new year.
1. Get a bedskirt- We had one but Layla chewed a hole in it, months ago :) So I need to get a new one.
2. Paint outlet covers to match wall color- this has been on our list forever and we've just been lazy about it.
3. Get Euro shams- I bought our quilt from Homegoods and it's a king but they only had queen sized shams so I'm hoping to get some Euro shams in a light tan/flax color to match the quilt and go behind the matching shams. We used to have all white bedding which I loved but had to throw that out once we got a dog :)
4. New nightstands- 1. they don't match and 2. we always thought the room had poor air circulation and one day when looking for one of Miller's pacifiers we moved Kyle's nightstand and realized that it was covering a vent!! We had movers when we moved in and never realized they covered a vent! So those need to go so that Kyle can have a nightstand in a normal place again.
5. Hang pictures- We have wedding photos and family photos that need to get hung and we've been so bad about it. I will be the first to admit I have a fear of putting holes in the wall so I put off hanging things forever. Forcing myself to get them hung so it feels more cozy!
6. Add monogram bolster pillow- again just something to make it feel more cozy.
7. Hang mirror over dresser
8. Roman shades for windows
1.Re Paint- It's PURPLE!! Well violet mist to be exact. I apparently gave our painter the wrong swatch and instead of morning mist which was a nice light gray I gave him violet mist. Instead of paying him extra $$$ to repaint we decided to just go with it. It's sort of growing on me 1.5 years later. I think we will go with a griege when we re-paint so I can keep our current quilt
3. New dressers- the dressers we currently have are hand me downs from my parents. I don't totally hate them but I don't love them either but I don't want to buy anything new until I find ones we absolutely love.
4. Get a chair for the corner- we're looking into getting a chair for the corner where the hamper currently is. We want to move the hamper into the closet and put a nice plush chair there for a reading corner or sitting with baby corner or a place for Layla to sleep, etc.
5. Renovate Bathroom- it old and yucky I promise I will share pictures of this next time. It's not totally awful but on it's last leg
6. Renovate Closet/Vanity area- We're trying to think of a way to expand the closet and possibly get rid of the vanity or somehow work it into the new closet, still not sure if it will work but we will see
So that's where we stand!! I promise to be better about sharing photos with you all as we make progress on the room. It's been neglected for so long I'm excited to give it a little sprucing up to make it feel more cozy. I'm not sure we'll get through all the small projects before baby #2 gets here but we're working on it.
Thanks again for everyone who links up and joins us on Thursdays!!
Now it's your turn!
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones and @eastcoastnat.
Follow us on Bloglovin' too:
Home of Malones and East Coast Chic