I'm pretty excited about my first official Mother's Day. We didn't really count last year even though I was 33 weeks pregnant, I still didn't feel like a mom. This year I can say I definitely hold the title.
While I know I showed you all that gorgeous white Gigi NewYork bag as my ultimate mother's day gift if I'm really being honest there are few things I would rather have...
1. The house to myself so I can clean and do laundry - I know this sounds crazy, who wants to clean for Mother's day but since I've had Miller every chore has become 10x harder. All I want is for my husband to take the dog and baby out of the house for a few hours so I can give it a deep clean, finish the laundry, and organize some closets. Have you ever tried to put laundry away while a small person follows you around and takes everything out of the basket?! Also Miller's new obsesssion? Opening the toilet top and sticking his hands in to splash. Delicious.
2. A Pedicure- it's been since January that I've had a pedicure and I can't even tell you how awful my toes look. They're disgusting. I cannot do my own toes, I've tried before and it doesn't look any better. I used to get one every 2-3 weeks before baby. Ohhh how I never realized how much free time I had. So maybe, just maybe this weekend I can squeeze one in.
3. To sleep in past 6:00am - Miller has been sleeping through the night for the past two months (YAY!!) but his current wake up time is 5:30-6:00am. We try our hardest to make him stay in there until 6am but sometimes the tears and screaming start and that's no way to start off the morning. Lately we've been getting him out of the crib right when he wakes up. I swear the kid has a venti coffee with 2 shots of espresso before he gets up because the energy is unstoppable!! Once he's up we're at it full force, he's a tiny tornado that can't be stopped. I would love to get up before him and get ready for the day but I'm not trying to make 4:30am my wake up time.
4. To finish a TV show- See above. With the tiny tornado waking up at 5:30am I need to be in bed by 9:30pm at the latest. By the time I clean up dinner, wash bottles, put away toys, and finish any other chores I need to do it's basically 9:30am. So right now I'm so far behind on every series I'm afraid I'll never catch up!!
5. A day with no real plans with my boys!- my dream mother's day goes something like this. Brunch- either out or at home, but nothing fancy at all. Someone we could wear workout clothes. Then we would go for a long family walk, followed by playing in the backyard all day or swimming in the pool. After a delicious dinner of tacos we would then end the day cuddling on the couch and watching some Thomas before bed. We don't have anything planned so I think this is exactly how it's going to go. I don't want anything fancy or anything that puts pressure on me to be some where at a certain time- I just want to spend the day doing whatever we want as a family!!
So tell me, what's you on your Mother's Day wishlist? If you're not a mom do you have anything fun planned for the moms' in your life?