Hi! How is it Tuesday and August already? I feel like 2012 is flying by. It's going to be fall before you know it! I wish I had more substance to offer but my brain is just not having it so you get bullet points.
- I have been HOOKED on the Olympics and staying up way to late every night to see what happens. I'm so sleep deprived but I can't help it. How cute was Gabby Douglas when she won the Gold in the all around? Oh.my.god. that smile and her mom's tears- it was killing me! Have you been watching? Who's been your favorite so far?
- I have read 31 books toward my goal of 50 books this year, which means I'm 2 books ahead. I'm pretty impressed with myself to be honest with you. Now don't get too excited, I'm not a literary snob at all so most of my books are chick-lit, but those still count :). You can follow along with me on Goodreads if you'd like.
- My husband has been in Argentina since July 27th and I am so ready for him to be home. I know 10 days isn't really that long but I swear I completely forgot how to take care of just myself and all my bad single girl habits have crept back in, like eating pizza every night and leaving piles and piles of clothes on one side of my bed.
- Hunger Games comes out on DVD on August 18th. I'm pretty excited.
- I painted my upstairs guest bath this past weekend and I love the change. I had it painted Relaxed Khaki by Sherwin Williams when we first moved in but I got really tired of the color and felt like it needed to be spiced up. I'm not a dark color girl so I went with Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams, which is a really great blue-green. I was completely inspired by this post here from House of Turquoise.
- I did a post on Beyonce and Jay-z's summer Hamptons rental on my real estate blog. You can check it out here. It's called the Sandcastle on Bridgehampton and it's insane. It typically rents for $500,000 for 2 weeks!
- My sister and I went shopping in Tyson's last week and then lunched in Bethesda. Ahh I wish I was a rich socialite. If you're not from the area there are 2 Tyson's malls- the normal people one which is Tyson's corner and then the rich people one, Tyson's Galleria, that hosts Neimans, Saks, LV, Gucci, Burberry, Cartier, Tory Burch, etc. If only I had an endless bank account I could have spent so much money!
- I think Georgetown Cupcake is hands down my favorite cupcakes. I totally hate their TV show and find those sisters seriously annoying but the cupcakes are to.die.for.
- The J.Crew Fall Look Book is killing me I've already decided I need about $600.00 worth of new clothes... now to convince my husband.
- I have a new wine that I love. It's Seaglass Sauvignon Blanc. It is the perfect summer wine. It's light, crisp, and freshing for the hot days we've been having.
I hope you all are having a great Tuesday!